April 14, 2008

Spring

It is cold here right now. It is April 14th and we are having record lows and I am pissed. I live in New Orleans for a reason and it is not so I can evacuate in sheer horror every hurricane season. It is not because we have the highest murder rate per capita. And, it is not because of the stellar public education system.

It is because it is warm 10 months out of the year.

I am a big fan of the flip flop. I like my toes to be free. My feet need fresh air because they sweat. And, shoving sweaty feet into socks and shoes is gross. Wearing sandals in cooler weather is also not a viable option because sweaty feet get cold easily in cold weather.

What am I to do with these moist clodhoppers on this brisk and blustery day?

I think I will stay inside all day to protest the un-springlike weather.

No comments: