March 25, 2008

Broken Promises

Write every day? That is insane I tell you. Maybe 6 times per year when I remember I have a blog, but daily? That's crazy talk.

I think I have come out of, at least partially, a very long and dark depression. It was not debilitating, but it was painful none the less. Sure, a massive storm, death of my mother, birth of my first child and near collapse of my marriage are all big things and would send anyone spiraling, but I did not realize until very recently how far down I had gone.

It is as if I had a loosely woven blanket over my head for the last 2.5 years. I could see out and breathe, but it was dim and stuffy and hard to do things. And now, the blanket is gone and I can breathe cool fresh air and I can see the world around me clearly.

I am present and accounted for.

No comments: