December 29, 2011

Ring in the New Year with Writing and Sugarless Goodness

I have a few New Year’s Resolutions this year, but the top 2 really are the ones I am focusing on. The others are there just to torment me so I don’t get too self-satisfied:

1)      Stop eating sweets. Cake and pie will be the death of me. Damn you King Cake, I will not eat you this year by the fistful. I will not even try to display my non-existent self-control. I will simply avoid you and your sticky sweet friends all together.

2)      Post to my long-neglected blog once a week. I did it one year, I can do it again. Dammit.

3)      Fit back into my skinny jeans. Even if they are what I wear in my open casket, I will get back into those bitches one more time, dammit. And yes, I meant bitches, not britches.

4)      Travel less for work. I don’t even know how I am going to do it, but I think listening to your 6 year old cry on the phone because he misses you is one experience I can live without repeating ever again, thank you very much.

What’s your New Year’s Resolution?

2 comments:

Emily said...

So my first thought when reading this was . . . Skinny jeans???? Really???? I don't think that would be a good look for you at any size!!! How old do you think you are?
xxoo

Fish Out of Water said...

Bite your tongue...MY skinny jeans, which are like size 10 instead of size 14. Can you imagine me shoving myself into some skintight to the ankles jeans? Oh the humanity!